What do I need to bring to my tax appointment?
What to Bring to your Tax Appointment
*printable copies of our TAX ORGANIZERS can be found on our website, www.backrivergroup.com, or by clicking HERE
**If anyone in your household had a Marketplace plan in 2018, you should receive Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, by mail no later than mid-February. It may be available in your HealthCare.gov account as soon as mid-January. Find your Form 1095-A online, by clicking HERE.
- A completed TAX ORGANIZER* or Profit & Loss Statement
- A Balance Sheet that lists new assets acquired for the current year
- Any 1099’s issued to you from banks, businesses or investment groups (i.e. self-employed income, interest, dividends, unemployment, the sale of stocks, bonds, land, and equipment)
- Statements of any stocks or bonds sold within the past year. This must include date of purchase and your cost at the time of purchase. If you have sold stocks/bonds in the past tax year, we need date purchased and what it cost you at the time of purchase.
- Form 1095-A**. Your Health Insurance Marketplace statement. You MUST HAVE form 1095-A in order to file your taxes. Your taxes CANNOT be filed without this form.
- Interest amounts paid on ALL loans including autos, home, business, etc.
- NEW CLIENTS should bring their last three years of Federal (1040) and State (1040-ME) taxes.